Monday, June 15, 2009

Colorado Springs to Aspen
















This past weekend was the 4th annual single speed only rode ride from Colorado Springs, CO. to Aspen, CO. I joined it last year for the first time. Its a tough one. 168 miles, 4 mountain passes, 6 Colorado counties, 5 cities, and 10,000 + feet of climbing. I have been riding alot lately so my legs were far from fresh but I got it done and it was the mental challenge I was looking for. We had two sag vehicles, so only needed to carry 2 water bottles and a small amount of food. The weather has been very rainy this early summer here in Colorado, but we got a good break. The rain stayed away until the last 12 mile descent into Aspen. It started pouring and got super cold but since we had sag we were able to layer up and stayed somewhat warm. Overall a sweet day with 9 other strong, fun, crazy single speeders. 

1 comment:

  1. Sick Ride Man! I had no idea it was that BIG. You are a rad dude.

    ReplyDelete