Monday, June 8, 2009

Sushi party for Fish


Last weekend was the fundraiser to help me to get to the 24 hours of Adrenaline world solo championships in Canada. I felt a bit awkward  with holding an event like this for myself. My friend Dogger is a sushi chief  and donated his time with his fish supplier (Mountain Valley Fish and Oyster) getting us product at cost. My friend Brian works for the New Belgium Brewery and donated 5 cases of beer. The nuun and Vodka was also flowing. (Stay hydrated and full of electrolytes to feel fresh the morning after getting your drink on) Some of my sponsors donated items for a silent auction. Raleigh Bikes gave a women's cruiser, Magura gave a set of  Marta brakes, nuun gave some electrolyte tabs, and a couple of other small items. Although I was a little worried with the amount of people that would show, the party had a great turn out.  Many friends showed for the Sushi, pixi races and fire jumping, even the cops showed up. They were pretty cool though, they just asked us to keep it down. I think they were just upset we did not invite them. I am very lucky to have such amazing friends providing me with such awesome support.   

No comments:

Post a Comment