Sunday, January 11, 2009

The silent killer.

 The product that is really unbelievable to me is  PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED OIL. PHO is an inexpensive preservative that was invented in late 1890 and patented in 1902. 

 PHO is made from a process in which the molecular structure of oil is changed. In this process the oil, whether it be soybean oil, cottonseed oil etc... is introduced to very high heat, a metal and bleach are also added. When this process is finished the oil is the consistency of butter or crisco. YUK!  

 This product is than used as a very cheap (mind you that I only use the word cheap when I mean it) cheap! preservative with a consistent taste. 

 PHO is one of the major causes of obesity and coronary heart disease in America. This Trans fat is very hard for the bloodstream to remove and only very minute amounts can stay in there and form like plaque. 

 Ive heard people say: everything in moderation, I can eat whatever I want I exercise, I am skinny I can eat whatever. I say BULLSHIT! PHO is a silent killer like inhaling cigarette smoke. 

 Until recently  there was not much talk about it. In fact PHO is a form of Trans fat. Companies will advertise on there packaging that there is 0 grams of Trans Fat. Guess what there is less than a gram of  Trans Fat but turn the product around read the ingredients, I bet 99% of the time they will have PHO in them. Some how these companies can legally advertise this way. BULLSHIT! If the product has no Trans Fat or PHO it will say NO PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED OILS.

 Its not always easy to stay clear of products with this silent killer, but with a little effort spending an extra couple minutes in the store reading labels it may save your life in the future.

 Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment